1. this nars blush in “outlaw” is my #1 beauty pick for october. the photo doesn’t do the shade justice. even though i have cool undertones, the gold shimmer and rosy colouring is natural looking on my skin, giving my cheeks the perfect flushed look. the blush itself stays put all day and the colour is so deep and rich for fall.
2. lush’s mask of magnaminty. this mask has done wonders for my skin, and although it is a deep-cleansing mask, it’s not drying. plus, this mask is such a treat to apply; i simply put my feet up, sip some tea and after 10 minutes, gently remove. this mask leaves my face tingling and cool, and is fun to do with friends during a girl’s night in!
3. jergens natural glow is my glow-to (hehe) all year round. keep in mind, this moisturizer is not quite a self-tanner, but it does the job to keep my limbs from looking like casper. plus, jergens has changed up the formula recently and the smell is much improved.. no funky tanning cream odour.
4. this nars dual-intensity eyeshadow in “andromeda” is my current favourite. the colour is so pigmented and it looks amazing when placed just below the brow bone. i also pop some in the corners of my eyes & cupid’s bow to add some extra pizazz.
5. mom and i were shopping around for nail polish the other day and we came across this essie gem… the colour is “penny talk” and that’s basically what it looks like – a very shiny penny! this colour is a nice alternative to the vampy dark shades that are always popular this time of year. added bonus – the polish is super pigmented so you can get away with applying just one coat.
6. i always found the baby lips lip balm by maybelline to be very drying, so i stopped buying them. however, when i saw this new formula, i thought i’d try it again. i’m now a huge fan. the baby lips dr. rescue lip balm is moisturizing and cooling, with a hint of eucalyptus. i’ve only tried the clear shade, but there are six tinted balms available as well!
7. i’ve been watching a lot of youtube makeup tutorials lately. like, a lot. and these anastasia beverly hills palettes have been getting a ton of airtime. i went to sephora to see what the fuss was about. this tamanna palette is definitely worth the fuss. the shadows are so pigmented and the majority of colours are appropriate for every day wear.
8. last but certainly not least – this nyx jumbo lipstick pencil in “pecan”. this is the perfect shade for fall, especially if you want to try a toned down version of the infamous kylie jenner lip. the product is creamy, the colour is rich, and it lasts SO long! for $4, it’s a steal.
i want to know – what are your beauty must-haves?